How to choose clothes for the Love Story photoshoot
March 30, 2019
1. Avoid clothes of the same color. It is boring and trite. You may have overlapping elements, but you don't have to be twin brothers. Of course, this rule does not apply to one tonality. I mean only exactly the same colors.
2. Layering is our everything. It always looks more interesting than just “pants and blouse”. Cardigans, jackets, scarves, shirts, vests - the choice is limitless. Play with textures and shapes. From simple basic things you can make a lot of different looks. And even during a photo session, in 3 seconds you can make changes, removing or adding some element.
3. Be individual! Think about how you can diversify your image - scarves, suspenders, ties, scarves, brooches, hats, fun shoes - the choice is enormous.
4. For a photo shoot on the street, bright outfits are preferable. In gray, brown and black you simply merge with the background. But it is not necessary to be a rainbow either.
5. Shoes matter. Besides the fact that you should be comfortable in it, the right shoes can harmoniously complete your look. And do not forget about the socks, which will definitely be visible in any sitting posture. No white socks and sneakers! And keep in mind that the paving stones of most of european cities and towns are not designed for heels, so be sure to take extra shoes with you.
6. A woman must remain a woman. Even if in everyday life you do not wear skirts, then for a photoshoot a dress is an excellent option. For shooting in the warmer months, flying lightweight fabrics will be able to grow beautifully in the wind and curl when moving. But of course, if you feel uncomfortable in a dress, you shouldn’t wear it.
Perfectly fitting jeans or other pants are no less a good option than dresses. In this case, you will be very mobile and feel most comfortable. Most importantly, the pants should not be baggy and you should look amazing in them!
Airy fluffy skirts are also my love as a photographer. Skirt-pack with boats and everything! You are the queen!